Some days ago you could read how to balance the first four chakras by yoga. Today I will continue the topic, describing the yoga exercises for the throat, third eye and crown chakras.
Hot to Balance Chakras By Yoga
Now you will learn how to balance the throat, third eye and crown chakras, connecting with spiritual life. However, remember to balance the first four chakras before doing the exercises described in this article. Check my last blog post.
The Throat Chakra
If you want to balance the throat chakra, use the Camel Pose, which balances the energy of the neck and throat and releases tightness there. Additionally, this chakra yoga pose opens the entire throat and heart area, enabling you to love, give and express without fear.
How To Do the Camel Pose
- Kneel on the floor with your legs hip-width apart and the thighs perpendicular to the floor.
- Then relax your shins and the tops of your feet deeply into the floor. Place your palms on the back of your hips.
- Inhale and lift your heart up while you allow your hips and thighs to press forward.
- With your heart lifted, exhale and draw your shoulder blades toward each other to open the heart more deeply.
- Breathing deeply in and out of your belly, continue moving your hips forward while gradually opening your sternum up toward the heavens. Pay close attention to the throat as you slowly lift your chin and tilt your head back.
- Gently drop the head back as far as feels comfortable and lower your hands to your ankles. Continue breathing deeply.
- Focus on relaxing your throat. Allow the healing energy in your throat to begin vibrating the sound “hummmmmmmmm.” on each exhalation. Release the sound out loud and continue for one to three minutes.
- In the end, inhale deeply, fully filling your lungs and gently holding your breath. While exhaling, slowly lift your head and gradually lower your hips back down until you are sitting on your heels. Sit, lie down, or come into the baby pose, assimilating the effects of the posture.
The Third Eye Chakra
Placing your forehead upon the floor activates your intuition because you bring energy to your third eye point. When you tip the head forward it shifts cerebral blood flow and enhances the flow of cerebrospinal fluid. Additionally, it activates the glow between the pituitary and pineal glands, which releases nectar that helps prevent ageing. When practising the version described below, remember to spread your knees and relax your shoulders. Then your heart can melt downward.
How To Balance the Third Eye Chakra By Yoga
- Sit up on your heels in a kneeling position to start this chakra yoga pose. Deepen your breathing and recognize the flow of your energy arriving with every inhale. Feel your spine elongate as you hold it up tall. In the case of having difficulty sitting on your heels, place folded blankets or firm pillows beneath your buttocks and straddle them with your legs.
- Spread your knees comfortably, hinge forward from your lower spine. Then slowly move your navel toward the floor while extending your arms out toward the floor in front of you as well. Remember to keep your spine elongated and move from the lower back until you can place your forehead on the ground in front of you.
- Focus on releasing your lower spine toward the floor. After that relax your entire back down toward the floor. Pay close attention to the vertebrae between your shoulder blades, melting that area so that your heart chakra can open.
- Stretch your arms out on the floor in front of you and bring your palms together. Begin taking long, slow breaths while visualizing light all around you. Keep your palms together, pinkies lightly touching the floor, arms outstretched, and your whole body relaxed. Surrender to the pull of gravity. Settle into this position while breathing deeply for three to eleven minutes.
- To finish, place your palms on the floor to support your weight with your arms and then lift your torso, beginning with your lower spine. Then slowly rise up, vertebra by vertebra, until your head comes up last. Take a moment before standing up or rest on your back for a few minutes before returning to your daily routine.
Modification: If your forehead will not go all the way to the ground, place folded blankets or firm pillows underneath your head as a support.
The Crown Chakra
This simple chakra yoga meditation opens us to the experience of your own connection with all there is. It bypasses all the rules, the trappings, and the limiting beliefs we might carry. Guru Prasad allows you to experience your angelic nature.
How To Balance the Crown Chakra By Yoga – Guru Prasad
- Sit on your heels in a kneeling position throughout this chakra yoga meditation. Feel your spinal column rising tall and filling up with the light of your soul. Breathe and be present with the energy flowing through your breath.
- Cup your hands together in a bowl shape, palms facing up toward the sky, in front of your heart.
- Relax your shoulders so that your upper arms touch down snuggly but gently against the rib cage. Feel that you are in the presence of the divine and ready to receive a gift and that the infinite universe is right with you, wanting to give you gifts and blessings from its infinite abundance. Feel the universe pouring all these gifts into your hands for you to absorb into your being and into your life.
- Lower your eyelids until your eyes are just barely open. Focus your vision on the tip of your nose.
- Begin long, deep breathing cycles,. Inhale deeply through the nose and exhaling completely through the nose.
- Continue for at least three minutes to complete this chakra yoga meditation. So much joy and love are just waiting to enter you. Allow this vibration to resonate into every molecule of your body and into your aura. Open up, allow, and smile.
- To finish, bring your arms down, place your hands in your lap, sit quietly, and resume normal breathing. Slowly open your eyes, seeing the world as a gift. While rising and beginning to move, feel yourself stepping into an energy field of delight, peace, and fulfilment.
Some sources state that there are more than seven chakras. This is true, but for the beginner, it is important to focus on the commonly known seven chakras before experimenting with the rest. Credits to Essential Kundalini Yoga.
In a Nutshell
Today you have leant yoga positions useful for balancing the third upper chakras. They include Camel Pose for the throat chakra and Guru prasad for the crown chakra. The third eye chakra has no particular pose name in this post. Good luck with practising yoga for balancing your chakras.