My last post was the answer for the question “How to clear clutter from my house?” Now learn how to clear clutter from other areas of your life.
Read more about clutter:
- 10 Kinds of Clutter In Your Life Part One
- 10 Kinds of Clutter In Your Life Part Two
- 7 Kinds Of Cost You Have To Pay Because Of Clutter
- How To Declutter Your Life Efficiently part One
How To Declutter Your Life Efficiently
Firstly, let’s define which kinds of areas we will consider for clearing clutter:
- your workplace,
- your relationships,
- your health,
- your unfinished businesses,
- your electronic devices,
- your negative energy (spiritual clutter).
Secondly, I will remind
The type of
Firstly, check everything – documents, folders and files plus the content of your desk. Secondly, make a plan of clearing the clutter if there is much of it. Thirdly, purge any item which is not needed anymore and which you do not like, anything that is broken and cannot be repaired (if it is equipment, unfortunately, your boss will have to incur some expenses.)
Then look at the remaining things. How can you organise it so that less clutter will be generated in the future? Think of the system of gathering documentation, printing, filing and consider some changes which will help you to keep your office nice and tidy. And last but not least. Keep only things necessary for your current work on your
Firstly, make a list of all family members who you see or talk to more often than during Christmas or their birthday. Secondly, make three lists of all the people with whom you keep regular contact – one for your friends and one for your co-workers/business partners/customers. The third list will consist of the members of your community, e.g. your priest or shop assistant, postman, hairdresser/barber whom you meet regularly.
Once you have your lists ready, look at each person and answer the following questions:
- Who do I need to forgive anything?
- Does this relationship contribute to my life and how?
- How do I feel around this person?
- Is there any unfinished business (broken promises, apologies to be made etc.?)
I will write a post about forgiveness soon. In the shortest – define your values, get shot of negative emotions (let them go by affirmations until they are gone) and then forgive from your heart. As long as you feel some negativity towards a given person, release these emotions.
Why Are These Questions Important?
The second question is very important because some relationships are clutter in our life, i.e. they contribute nothing while they
The third question is also important. You can forgive someone, yet the energy of this person may be toxic. Then it is necessary to cut or at least limit contact with them. The less often you meet or talk to this person the better. Unfortunately, sometimes you need to move on, leaving an abusive partner or from your parents/parents-in-law, change the shop or stop meeting some acquaintances/friends.
The fourth question means that sometimes you need to apologise and ask for forgiveness, repay some debts (not necessarily financial ones). It also means that you need to make quits – reconcile and agree on how your relationships will look in the future.
How To Minimise Clutter In Your Relationships
Clearing clutter from relationships can be even harder than from your own house because there are emotional connections between people and no one wants to be treated as an object. Therefore, do your best to keep your relationships tidy. Here are some tips:
- Never take too many commitments.
- Be strict to the time spent with some people.
- Have time for yourself to charge your batteries.
- Nourish the most precious relationships.
Now let’s move to the most important relationship – the one with yourself. You can even live with someone, but you always spend the most time with yourself. All unfinished issues will clutter your mind and drain your energy.
Do the similar process as in the case of other relationships:
- Forgive yourself everything, stop feeling guilty, shameful or regretful.
- List all your activities and their time span during the last three days.
- Estimate what contributes to your life – makes you happy, helps you to achieve your goals – and what sabotages it.
- Make a to-do list of everything you think that you have to do.
So in the case of self-forgiveness don’t ruminate on what happened, just list the emotions you are feeling and close the past. Let these emotions go as long as you do not feel them anymore. Daily writing makes wonders and I can confirm it myself.
How To Clear Unfinished Business
Firstly, you need to answer the questions “What makes me happy?” and “What are my goals for this year/month?” Do it in writing. Once you have the answers, look at your activities during the last three days. Check each item and decide if it makes you happy/helps you to achieve your goals. If not, it is clutter to get rid of. Now you can see how cluttered your time is.
Secondly, make a plan to gradually change your habits – watching less TV, less Facebook or computer games. In case of time decide what productive and beneficial for your happiness could fill in the spare time that you have after clearing the clutter. Change your habits and you will change your life.
How To Declutter Your Head
Unfinished to-do tasks are the last category of unfinished business. Take your diary and make a list of everything that you have to do. Then look at the list and answer these questions:
- Will this task help me to achieve my biggest goal – to be a happy person?
- Why do I need to do this task and is it really worth trouble?
- Which of these tasks do I hate doing?
Then cross out everything which will not help you to be happy now and/or makes you unhappy. No “I may be happy in the future doing x.” Check if you have got enough time to complete the to-do list. Then decide which of the remaining tasks to do now, which ones within next year and which put to the “frozen and we will see later” category. Each week analyse your progress.
Because the topic of clearing the clutter from your life is very important and our life so precious – I have decided to write about health, digital and spiritual clutter in my next article.
In a Nutshell
Today I have shown you how to clear the clutter of the following areas in your life: relationships, workplace and unfinished business. In my next post, you will learn how to tidy your health area, electronic devices and your energetic field. I am looking
- How To Fast On Ekadashi Day
- How to Take Advantage of the Waning Moon
- Michail Tombak. Can We Live For 150 Years Part Two
- Michail Tombak. Can We Live For 150 Years Part One
- How To Live Longer – Holistic Approach